Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR (2021 – present)
I am orchestrating A*STAR’s entry into fusion energy research.
University of Oxford (2016 – 2021)
DPhil in Theoretical Physics
- Thesis title: Beam model of Doppler backscattering: theory and experiment.
- Supervisors: Felix Parra (Oxford) and Jon Hillesheim (UKAEA/CCFE).
- Courses attended: Kinetic Theory, Advanced Fluid Dynamics, Collisional Plasma Physics, Collisionless Plasma Physics.
University of Cambridge (2012 – 2015)
B.A. (Hons) in Natural Sciences, Double First Class Honours
- Part IA: Physics, Materials Science, Computer Science, Mathematics.
- Part IB: Physics A, Physics B, Mathematics.
- Part II: Experimental and Theoretical Physics.
National Junior College (2008 – 2009)
Singapore-Cambridge GCE Advanced Level
- H2: Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Mathematics (A), Knowledge & Inquiry (A)
- H3: Essentials of Modern Physics (Dist), Science Research (Dist)
Previous Work Experience
Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR (2016 – 2016)
Specialist I (with Joel Yang)
I worked on novel structures for 2D and 3D colour printing near and at the diffraction limit.
Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR (2015 – 2016)
Research Engineer (with Jason Png)
I worked in the plasmonics and photonics group, understanding and designing metasurfaces and nonlinear photonic waveguides. I also co-supervised three high school student interns.
Republic of Singapore Air Force (2010-2012)
I was drafted into the military for two years. For the most part, I served in ground logistics at the Peace Prairie Detachment in Texas, a joint chinook detachment run by the Republic of Singapore Air Force and the Texas Army National Guard.
↳ Full CV